Not much is better than an ooey-gooey chocolate brownie. Except knowing that it won’t ruin all that hard work you put in this week! Try these “healthy” avocado brownies. We’ve swapped out many of our unhealthy ingredients with healthy ones, the star of the show being avocados! We know that avocados are full of fat (and calories), BUT they are good fats. So, let’s put them to deliciously good use and make them brownies!
Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 35 min
Total Time 45 min
Serves 12 ppl
214 calories Total per serving
Budget $10.12 total / $0.84 per serving
- 1 ½ avocados
- 100 g 90-70% dark baking chocolate (sugar-free if possible)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp smart balance butter (melted)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup no-calorie sweetener
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Melt chocolate in a microwave. Put the peeled avocado in a bowl and add all the wet ingredients. Smash the avocado with a fork and mix the ingredients well. Alternatively, use a mixer or food processor to get a smoother texture.
- Prepare a separate bowl for the dry ingredients. Whisk them all together then add the avocado to the mixture. Stir until everything is combined
- Pour the batter into a greased baking dish. Even out the surface with a flat spatula and bake for 35 mins.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before slicing into 12 pieces.
Recipe by: Taylor Jalomo