Ready in 30 min
Serves 4 ppl
258 calories Total per serving
- 1 pack of extra firm tofu
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- ½ yellow onion
- 1.5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1.5 tbsp taco seasoning
- Cut the onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes into medium-sized cubes
- Rinse the can of black beans and frozen corn.
- Crumble the tofu into small pieces with either your hands or forks.
- Heat 1.5 tbsp of olive oil in a medium saucepan and sauté the bell peppers and onions for about 3 to 5 mins and add 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Add in the crumbled tofu and the taco seasoning and let the mixture cook for about 10 mins (can cook longer if you want the tofu to be firmer).
- Then add in the corn, black beans, and tomatoes and let the mixture cook for another 3-5 minutes until the tomatoes are cooked.
- Rinse your romaine lettuce leaves and fill with taco mixture and enjoy!
- Squeezing out the water from the tofu will help the mixture from turning mushy. I would recommend wrapping the tofu in paper towels and placing a pan or something heavy on top of the tofu to squeeze out the excess water.
- You can replace the tofu with chicken or lean turkey if you prefer.
$1.80 Total per Serving
All items are SNAP eligible
Meal will last in Fridge 3-4 days
Tofu filling will last in Freezer 3 months
Recipe and Video by: Anisha Patel