Fall Is Here! Let’s Embrace It!
This Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Smoothie is sure to get your day started off right. I mean it has a serving of vegetables! When was the last time you ate vegetables for breakfast?!
Scroll to the bottom for a printable PDF
Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Smoothie
Ready in 5 min or less
Serves 1 person
266 calories Total per serving
● ½ Frozen Banana
● ½ cup Pumpkin Puree
● ¾ cup non-fat Greek Yogurt
● ¼ cup fat-free Milk
● 5 tsp Agave 5 Sweetener
● 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (or more!)
● ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Peel, cut and freeze your bananas into individual portion sizes for easy access in the morning.
2. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
● Agave is a fructose rich sweetener and the Agave 5 product is also mixed with stevia and monk fruit which as not digestible by our bodies. This means that insulin levels will spike much less than if we were to consume as much as regular sugar, honey, or maple syrup. And, it only has 5 calories per tsp!
$1.52 Total per Serving
All items are SNAP eligible
0 Whole Grain
(The other sugars are coming from dairy and a little bit from the pumpkin)
Notes: There is a lot of Vitamin A in this recipe (253% of our DV!) which is ok as long as we’re not eating this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Vitamin A is converted into retinol by the liver and supports eye, skin, and immune health! BUT, we just like anything, we want to consume it in moderation. This level of Vitamin A is still totally fine and won’t adversely affect our health unless we consistently consume too much of it. So enjoy the health benefits of pumpkin… in moderation!