We’ve all had times where we’ve been in a pinch and need a quick and healthy snack that will keep us full for a workout or a long meeting. These Peanut Butter Energy Bites are the perfect replacement for all those questionable granola bars on the market. Plus, they’ve got 30% of your daily fiber, 26% of your daily Manganese, and 120% of your daily Omega-3’s (a healthy fat)! Who knew making your own snacks could be so easy, healthy, and delicious?!?
Ready in 30 min
Makes 12(1 ball is 1 serving)
195 calories Total per serving
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- ½ cup of ground flaxseed
- ½ cup of chocolate chips (dark, sugar-free: we like Lily’s brand)
- 2/3 cups of all-natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp of honey
- Place rolled oats, flaxseed meal, chocolate chips, peanut butter, and honey into a mixing bowl.
- Then mix all five ingredients together until well combined.
- Place the mixture into the fridge for 15 to 30 minutes
- Remove from the fridge and take small portions of the mixture and roll them into balls
- If you are allergic to peanut butter, you can use any alternative nut butter (ex. almond butter, pumpkin seed butter).
- If you don’t have flaxseed meal, you can replace it with chia seeds or use more oats.
- If you make larger bites, you will be able to make 12, and if you make smaller bites, you will be able to make 24!
Written by: Anisha Patel