Cardiovascular exercise or cardio is good for you because it helps strengthen your heart. The stronger your heart is, the better it can pump blood throughout your body. Cardio can also help lower your blood pressure and can improve the way your body runs overall. If you are new to cardio, it is best to focus on simply getting your heart rate up. The following cardio circuit can be done at home or inside in a clear space to get your happy hearts pumping!
Repeat 5 times
Rest up to 2 minutes if needed
1) 20 Jumping Jacks
- Stand with your feet together, then jump, spreading your feet apart, and bring your hands up in a “V” position.
2) 20 Knee-to-Elbow
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Bring your right elbow to your left knee, bring it back to start. Then bring your left elbow to your right knee, bring it back to start.
3) 20 Butt Kicks
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Bring your left foot back and touch your bottom. Switch and bring your right foot back and touch your bottom.
4) 10 Climbers
- Start in a push-up position with your hand’s shoulder-width apart. Bring your left knee in towards your chest and back. Then bring your right knee in towards your chest and back.
5) 10 Plank Jacks
- Start in a push-up position with your hands shoulder-width apart. Jump out, bringing your legs apart like doing a jumping jack. Bring legs back to start position.
6) 5 Burpees
- Start standing, then bend your knees, squat down, and touch your hands to the floor. Bring your legs back so you are in a push-up position. Come down and back up to complete a push-up. Bring your legs back in and jump up reaching your hands in the air.