Calling all pudding fans! Did you know you could make an overnight pudding using Chia Seeds?! This recipe is great for a quick and healthy dessert and can be amped up with some oats and extra milk for a grab’n’go breakfast.
What are Chia seeds?! Chia seeds come from a plant similar to mint and were an important ingredient in ancient Aztec and Mayan diets. They’re full of fiber, protein, Omega-3’s (a healthy fat), calcium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, and antioxidants!
Prep time 5 min
Makes 1 serving
205 calories Total per serving Ingredients
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- ½ cup of milk of choice
- 1 tsp of sweetener (maple syrup, honey)
- 1/2 cup of strawberries (or fruit of your choice: blueberries, mangoes, raspberries), optional
- Into a container or a mason jar, add in chia seeds, milk of choice, sweetener, and fruit.
- Mix together the ingredients
- Place into the fridge overnight (or for at least 2 hours)
- Pull out the next morning, and it is ready to enjoy!
- Use any milk that you prefer, whether it is regular milk or a milk alternative.
- Adding any fruit that is in season is a great way to add additional sweetness and get your fruits in!
- Chia seed pudding is a great option for breakfast, a snack, or even a dessert!
Budget $0.64 Total per Serving All items are SNAP eligible
Recipe and Video by: Anisha Patel