Did you know that Humana has a monthly calendar full of resources to help you learn more about health?! With topics ranging from sleep to grief to successful retirement, they’re bound to have a topic that speaks to you! They also have past classes that you can watch and follow along with.
Here’s an example of some upcoming classes:
- Heart failure: Getting the most out of life – Living with heart problems can be difficult, but you may have more control over it than you think. This session will help you learn how to help manage the symptoms and some small changes you can make to help live a full life.
- English: September 8 and 30 at 3 PM EST, with Beth Norris, BSN, RN, CCM
- Spanish: September 29 at 2 PM EST, with Dr. Jaime Rodríguez, MD
- Foods to boost bone health on September 1 at 3 PM EST
- Self-care at home on September 9 at 3 PM EST, with Deborah Bedgood, LCSW
- Active Aging Week presented by International Council on Active Aging:
- How to stay mentally healthy in the midst of a resurging pandemic on September 14 at 3 PM EST, with Maria Ory, Ph.D., MPH
- Interdependence: The elixir for a meaningful life on September 21 at 3 PM EST, with Karl Pillemer, PhD
- Technology: How it can help you to get and stay fit, healthy, and engaged on September 28 at 3 PM EST, with Vonda Wright, MD
- Osteoporosis: Building stronger bones on September 15 at 3 PM EST
- Simple steps to help prevent falls on September 22 at 3 PM EST
- Veterans Medicare 101 on September 29 at 3 PM EST, with Jason Cabrera
To check out their event calendar and sign up for classes visit their website at: https://www.humananeighborhoodcenter.com/#!